Housing in Cergy

Parvis de l'université de Cergy-Pontoise, Bâtiments des Chênes 1 et Maison des étudiants


The School of Law is dedicated to providing high-quality accommodations to its international students. For this reason, the University of Cergy-Pontoise has built a partnership with two private residence halls, Allegessec and Studapart.

We recommend accommodation in the private sector only as the French government offers financial help to international students (a service called CAF).

1) Algessec, the student residence halls of the ESSEC Business School for the spring semester

Résidence les Hauts de Cergy
60 Avenue du Hazay, 95800 Cergy
  • 5 minute by train from the University of Cergy (line: RER A)

=> More info: http://www.essec.edu/en/pages/about-essec/essec-business-school/housing/

=> Link to the housing application for non-ESSEC students: https://housing.alegessec.fr/convention2019

Please be advised that Jona is the only contact person for the Résidence les Hauts de Cergy, she can also help you applying for the financial help offered by the French government (CAF).

2) Studapart, the student housing platform of the University of Cergy-Pontoise

On this platform, you will be able to :
  • Find your roommate(s) and form shared rentals
  • Find a temporary room

How to use it:

  1. Connect to the platform by using this website: http://housing.u-cergy.fr
  2. Click on 'Student login' or 'Connexion étudiant' 
  3. Sign up and fill in the fields
  4. Activation code: Ask to Elia Gombert

For any problem, please contact Elia Gombert: international.droit@ml.u-cergy.fr or elia.gombert@u-cergy.fr

This residence does not normally request a guarantor.

Important: In France, home insurance is compulsory for your room or your apartment, you are required to subscribe.  We suggest you to to take the optional 'responsabilité civile' (civil liability).

Here is the website which is usually used by our international students: https://www.assurances-etudiants.com/en